Before I get way into my training, here's a little about me:
I'm an upstate New York native, living in (and never leaving!) Jupiter, Florida. I'm a former radio personality in Albany and Poughkeepsie, New York, and West Palm Beach and Miami, Florida. It was a unique opportunity to talk birth, placentas, and babies, on a classic rock morning show! I love the Yankees, live music, working out, cleaning, the beach, my family (dog included!), and tacos! Any other questions, I love to talk, just ask! Ok, moving forward...
The Gentle Sleep Coach Program is the first and most extensive professional sleep coach training and certification program available. The program involves over 80 hours of training with a faculty panel that includes 2 medical doctors, a psychologist, an attorney, lactation counselor, postpartum doulas, and a family therapist. Each coach must pass an exam and participate in case supervision with Kim West, LCSW-C (a.k.a "the Sleep Lady") who has been helping tired parents for over 17 years. Clinical supervision and ongoing advanced training are required to maintain certification as a Gentle Sleep Coach. Some of the training included:
- Basic counseling and child development
- Sleep science and behavioral modification techniques to help parents of children ago 0 to 6 years old
- Secure attachment theory
- Support for the breastfeeding mother
The training also consisted of lectures from top specialists, including:
- Postpartum Depression from Dr. Shoshana Bennett, author and leading specialist on Postpartum Depression
- Medical Conditions and Sleep Apnea in Children led by Dr. Lewis Kass, Director of Children's Sleep Center
- GERD and Sleep led by Dr. Anthony Loizides, pediatric gastroentrologist
Learn more about my GSC exclusive Advanced Training, for working with babies 4 and 5 months old.